Sunday, August 1, 2010

Web 2.0 Tools for Collaboration


This week's assignment was quite different than the previous ones. It involved working in groups to produce a final VoiceThread presentation (http://voicethread.com/). The two questions my group sought to answer were:

1. What special needs does an online learner have?


2. What specific skills does a teacher need in an online environment to meet the special needs of students?


My group consisted of 4 people including myself. When working with a group, challenges always arise, however, I felt my group was able to communicate well and collaborate effectively to produce our final product.

This was my first time using VoiceThread and I thought it was extremely easy to use. I first watched some of the presentations on the website to get a better idea of what to expect and was thoroughly entertained. This gave me the confidence that I too could contribute to a voicethread presentation with ease. I registered on the website which allowed me to upload a picture of myself for others to see who was talking. I'm not overly comfortable with creating videos (actually with seeing me on video) so I chose to comment on the presentation with audio only. You can also comment with text boxes or bubbles that appear when you click on the images of people around the edges of the presentation.

Overall, I enjoyed this assignment. Allowing each person to go into the presentation in their own time to add their comments was the greatest benefit. It was easy to add comments and you didn't have to wait on anybody before you added your two cents.
Here's our final product. Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment